We’re looking to add a designer to the Actual Size team. Our new designer will work across multiple disciplines: branding, print, digital, interactive, and video to create purposeful experiences for our clients.
Here’s how you know this position is right for you:
- You always push yourself and others to perform at a high level.
- You’re a geek for all things creative, but love a good process just as much.
- You’re ready to run projects with minimal oversight and take ownership.
- You want to get better… always.
- You have ideas and opinions, and feel confident sharing them.
- You’re okay taking criticism, failing, or rebooting (because it’s part of the process).
- You have production chops… you know how to prep files for a printer or the development team.
- You are independent and able to see a creative project from idea conceptualization through to final execution.
- You deliver thoughtful and inspiring results, on tasks large and small based on a given brief.
- You understand how to surface an audience’s behaviors and needs… and can translate that into an emotionally-engaging experience.
- You can tell stories that aren’t your own.
- You have a solid understanding of digital design, typography, layout, UX/UI, and experiential digital platforms.
- You blend strategy, creativity, and digital fluency.
- You can present to clients in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- You can speak and write articulately and collaborate with team members, content writers, and developers.
- You have a desire to stay current on web design trends with an eye towards the future of web design.
- 3–5 years experience in an agency setting, excellent collaboration skills; experience working with clients and internal team.
- Design Software proficiency (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, yada, yada, yada).
- Portfolio showing strong aesthetic sensibility in typography and visuals.
- Be a strong thinker.
- Must be organized, work gracefully under pressure and switch between projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Living in—or willing to relocate to—Pittsburgh.
- Video editing and motion graphics software and skills.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of 3D rendering software and skills.
About Actual Size
Actual Size is a boutique branding and digital design agency with 20 years of expertise in connecting with target audiences through print, interactive, content development, and video. We’re small by design and selective with our clients and hires.
Our home is in Pittsburgh, PA, but we work with national brands like the Ford Motor Company, the News Literacy Project, the Voter Participation Center, and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
We provide competitive salaries, medical benefits, and a simple IRA plan. Our brand new office is dog-friendly, and situated on Baum Boulevard in East Liberty/Shadyside (close to many restaurants and free on-street parking).
Please submit your application and any work samples in the form below.